Following graduation from a UK university, International students are eligible for a post study work visa that is valid for you to 2 years.
This permits them o stay back and seek suitable employment that will sponsor their skilled work visa.
The UK skilled work visa allows one to reside in the UK and be gainfully employed with an employer approved by the UK Government. It is also a pathway to Permanent Residency in the UK.
To qualify for the UK skilled worker visa. The following conditions must be met:
1. You must have an offer of eoloyment from an approved UK employer that is certified by the UK Home Office
2. You must have a “certificate of sponsorship” from your employer along with all relevant information on the offered role
3. You must obtain employment for a job that is listed under the eligible occupations.
The UK Skilled Worker Visa is valid for up to 5 years.
The standard fee for a three year skilled worker visa is £704 while for those valid for more than three years is £1,408.
Other fees Include:
Healthcare surcharge – £624 per year
Biometric fees – £19.20.
There is also a need to provide evidence of financial support to the tune of at least £1,270 in your bank account
To be exempt from proof of finances you must meet the following criteria:
1. You have been residing in the UK on a valid visa for 12 months
2. Your employer is covering your expenses for the first month in the UK for you to £1,270.