China is one of the genuine top forces in global geo-politics, and a major player in the economy of the world. It is also famous for technological innovations as well as revolutionary advancements in science and medicine.
China boasts some of the world’s best universities for medicine and is an excellent destination for International students to pursue a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree.
The Chinese government prioritise health and to this effect medical universities are well funded for research and development. China is unarguably a world leader in medical innovations.
Top Reasons to Study Medicine in China
• China boasts modern healthcare facilities with a world class healthcare system
• There are numerous Medical universities in China offering education that matches the quality of countries like the US, UK, Canada and Australia
• Rapid growth in the Chinese healthcare industry making it one of the largest globally
• Medical universities in China are world renowned making a Chinese MBBS internationally recognized.
• Cost of living is low in China.
• Achievable requirements to study MBBS
• MBBS in China is 70% cheaper than the US or UK; Tuition fees to study medicine in China can go as low as US$2,600 per year.
• There are several English taught MBBS options in China including programs at Zhejiang University (ZJU), Xiamen University (XMU), Shantou University Medical College (SUMC) and Guangzhou Medical University (GMU)
Basic Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in China
What are the basic requirements to study MBBS in English in China?
• Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) in high school
• 18 years or above upon application
• Hold a high school diploma or above
The following documents are required:
• A signed international student application form from the medical university you’re applying for
• Personal statement (including brief self-introduction, motivations, and future plans after graduation, etc.)
• A curriculum vitae (including education experiences, work/volunteer/other experiences, etc.)
• Diplomas and transcripts
• Physical examination record with blood test results (completed in Chinese or English, bearing the hospital stamp)
• Recommendation letter (including recommender’s affiliation and position, signature, email, and telephone number)
• Valid passport
• Proof of financial support (Deposit Certificate/ Account Statement of the sponsor for the past 3 months issued by the bank on letterhead, with a minimum closing balance of USD 7,000 or equivalent. If the account holder is not yourself, provide the sponsor’s passport/proof of identity)
• Certified English or Chinese translation of the documents issued in a language other than English or Chinese.